It’s tempting to go back-to-school shopping even though this is my second season out of school. I have purchased a handful of wardrobe builders lately, in part to add some interest to my wardrobe, and in part to prepare for the coming fall weather.
- Polka dot and floral tees, Urban Outfitters: great layering basics in fun yet understated prints.
- Taupe and black cardigan, Marshalls: I love over-sized cardigans (the one I purchased is drapey) and stripes.
- Zig-zag necklace, (of)matter on etsy: I purchased a store credit at a discount a couple of months ago and finally chose this necklace. I am a big fan of simple, brass jewelry.
- Gray boots, Target: these were on clearance. I had actually purchased the black version of these last season, but I bought a size too big and never found a replacement. These gray ones are casual and remind me a bit of Blowfish boots.
- BDG high-rise cigarette jeans, Urban Outfitters: I’ve been taking advantage of the proximity of Urban Outfitters to my workplace. These jeans are still on sale and they fit my pear-shape figure better than pretty much all other jeans.
- Cognac buckle boots, Target: I already had to replace the Madden Girl “Guesser” boots I wanted with a similar pair because the former are incredibly difficult to get over my heel. These were $10 less and allowed me to get the other boots without spending more money on boots.
- Worishofer sandals, Modcloth: these aren’t exactly a fall shoe, but they were on mega clearance on Modcloth and I could use some comfy, retro-inspired sandals.
It’s safe to say that my “back-to-school” shopping is complete. I’m sure once winter settles in, I’ll need to buy some layering pieces, but for now, I’m quite satisfied. I made a paper bag waist skirt out of stretch denim fabric yesterday, so I can add that to the list.