A simple way to (literally) spice up your morning coffee.
If I had a milk steamer, this whole process would be legit, but since I don’t have one (yet), I have to get creative to make foamy, steamy drinks at home. I also don’t own an espresso machine. Becoming a barista has shown me the error of my ways: I can’t call a blended coffee beverage a latte or mocha because those terms apply to espresso only. Therefore, today I bring you a simple recipe for Spiced Chocolate Cafe Au Lait (coffee and steamed milk) instead.
What you’ll need:
- Ground medium or dark roast coffee
- Ground Nutmeg
- Ground Cinnamon
- Chocolate Syrup
- A blender or Magic Bullet
- Whipped Cream or Marshmallows (optional – clearly, I didn’t add any)
- Brew enough coffee for one mug.
- Pour desired amount of milk into microwave safe container and heat for 1 or 2 minutes until hot.
- Blend coffee, heated milk, 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, 2 shakes nutmeg, and 3 shakes cinnamon in a blender or Magic Bullet for 15 seconds or until desired amount of foam is created.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy.