January flew by despite being full of ups and downs. The weather was cold, then hot, then cold again, and my brain chemicals didn’t know how to react. I was really hard on myself for being lazy and depressed, but I came out of it and now I’m on an emotional upswing.
This month, I (and sometimes Daniel):
- attended two concerts at Mockingbird before it closed down
- reached out to a band about joining them as a vocalist
- contacted a local photographer to look into assistant opportunities
- started a Fair Trade blog; I’m really proud of it
- witnessed a friend’s marriage dissolve
- went on several walks (one, two, three, four)
- became obsessed with Trader Joe’s (that’s worn off a bit now)
- attended a swing dance lesson and Sock Hop
- took a lot of photos
- survived a couple snow days
- attended a game night
- started modeling for my online shop
- experienced record sales at my online shop
- wrote three poems
- finished decorating the library
- got the mullet trimmed off my outgrown pixie cut
- felt insignificant
- felt proud
- watched a lot of The Wire
- wore many layers
- was almost always cold
- bought a digital scale for mailing orders from home
- talked to some llamas
- visited many thrift stores
- nurtured new friendships
How’d I do with my 4 Simple Goals?
- Grow my online business: things have been looking up. I use new bookkeeping software that helps me keep track of fees, purchases, and revenue.
- Put money in savings every month: I should be able to do this as soon as I deposit my paycheck.
- Buy fair trade/ second hand as often as possible: I think I’ve stuck to this.
- Travel to a new place: we visited an antique mall in Ruckersville; that kind of counts.
Hope you had a fun, productive first month of the year.