Hello. Long time, no mention of Platinum & Rust. But the little shop is still running! Right now everything is on sale! Plus, get free shipping on orders over $35.00 with code, blackfriday. I’ve added a lot of new stock since my last update, so it’ll probably look like a whole new store.
a small update at Water Lily Thrift, including 7 Antique Skeleton Key necklaces! Get shopping!
January flew by despite being full of ups and downs. The weather was cold, then hot, then cold again, and my brain chemicals didn’t know how to react. I was really hard on myself for being lazy and depressed, but I came out of it and now I’m on an emotional upswing.
This month, I (and sometimes Daniel):
- attended two concerts at Mockingbird before it closed down
- reached out to a band about joining them as a vocalist
- contacted a local photographer to look into assistant opportunities
- started a Fair Trade blog; I’m really proud of it
- witnessed a friend’s marriage dissolve
- went on several walks (one, two, three, four)
- became obsessed with Trader Joe’s (that’s worn off a bit now)
- attended a swing dance lesson and Sock Hop
- took a lot of photos
- survived a couple snow days
- attended a game night
- started modeling for my online shop
- experienced record sales at my online shop
- wrote three poems
- finished decorating the library
- got the mullet trimmed off my outgrown pixie cut
- felt insignificant
- felt proud
- watched a lot of The Wire
- wore many layers
- was almost always cold
- bought a digital scale for mailing orders from home
- talked to some llamas
- visited many thrift stores
- nurtured new friendships
How’d I do with my 4 Simple Goals?
- Grow my online business: things have been looking up. I use new bookkeeping software that helps me keep track of fees, purchases, and revenue.
- Put money in savings every month: I should be able to do this as soon as I deposit my paycheck.
- Buy fair trade/ second hand as often as possible: I think I’ve stuck to this.
- Travel to a new place: we visited an antique mall in Ruckersville; that kind of counts.
Hope you had a fun, productive first month of the year.
Happy February and happy shopping. I’m so excited about the stuff I listed today over at Water Lily Thrift, especially those Oxblood Aigner Loafers.
- I rediscovered my computer’s Recycle Bin after accidentally deleting it two+ years ago. It feels good to know those 3,761 items are gone for good.
- A man walked into the shop near close last week and handed my coworker and me a single pink tulip each. It brightened my day.
- Daniel survived the end-of-semester panic and is now safely within winter break.
- Most of our friends left town to visit family for the holiday; it’s a bit sad.
- A small portion of Daniel’s family is coming to visit just in time for Christmas.
- I restarted work on a scrapbook of lithograph prints from nineteenth century biology books; it’s tedious work for someone who doesn’t enjoy scrapbooking, but I’m pleased with the results so far.
- I started Reading Women’s Stories: Female Characters in the Hebrew Bible. It’s a nice introduction to literary theory and Biblical poetry.
- Daniel introduced me to Deadwood, an HBO series about the post-Civil War, American gold rush. It’s fascinating, humorous, and disturbing.
- I bought a few American Apparel pieces on ebay.
- I made a few decisions regarding future educational and career goals.
- A new friend (and former Zumba instructor) invited me over for a weekend Zumba class.
- I miss ballet.
- This is my first year formally partaking in the Advent season; I’m convinced it’s a necessary first step toward Christmas. It encourages contemplation and separation from the Christmas rush. I think participating in Advent is the reason I look forward to Christmas this year.
- I’m loving British fashion blogs.
Things have been a bit dull, but there’s nothing to complain about. I am grateful to live in a place I love near wonderful people, even if the bulk of them are currently out of town.
Another update of many to come. Click on the picture to go to the listing. There are a few new items not pictured here, so please click around the shop for more.
This week’s new arrivals are below. Click on the image to be directed to the listing. And check my ebay store later today for additional, non-vintage items.