We spent Thanksgiving at my stepmother-in-law’s house in the Shenandoah Valley. Daniel’s dad grew up in this area, so he took my sister-in-law and I on a walk down to the river. The town was quiet, blanketed in fresh snow.
At about this point on the walk, I realized I couldn’t feel my toes.
They have a lovely dog I enjoyed petting while we waited for the turkey to finish cooking. Donna, the aforementioned stepmother-in-law, makes delicious brussels sprouts with bacon, which I greedily ate with a heaping mound of mashed potatoes.
This month, I intend to enjoy:
- taking Skyline Drive over to Luray Caverns for a day of exploring
- loved ones coming to visit
- Green Bean Casserole on Thanksgiving
- all the books Daniel recommended to me: The Autobiography of Malcolm X, House of the Spirits, and The Madonna of 115th Street
- wearing boots all the time
- getting started on Christmas shopping
- layered outfits
- my peacoat
- fun, cold weather accessories (I wish I had that fox scarf)
I do a product update about every week at my online vintage shop, but I thought I’d feature some November appropriate items, new (to my store) and old. Click on the image to go to the listing.
Apple Pickin’ Corduroy Dress
Green Bell Sleeve Dress
Maroon Western Motif Blouse
1970s Ribbed Sweater
1970s Heeled Loafers
1990s Zipper Boots
1980s Cream Lace up Boots
Slouchy Cowgirl Boots